Wifi

Have your say...
Murphymoo
Profile: Currently no information has been added...

Wifi

Postby Murphymoo » 23 Apr 2018 23:03

Hi, wonder if anyone can assist. We have just bought a property in La Finca & want to arrange a good wifi/English TV package, we will need to do some work when we come over so need a good connection. What does everyone use? I noticed a shop in La Finca..should I contact them directly??

robin

Re: Wifi

Postby robin » 24 Apr 2018 12:06

sent pm

polop

Postby polop » 24 Apr 2018 18:47

Fibre optic try Vega fibre office in Algorfa and Almoradi. .fitted all over Lafinca

Goodyp

Postby Goodyp » 25 Apr 2018 17:23

We have used Vega Fibra(in algorfa village)for the internet and DR Digital in Quesada for TV that includes a massive film club with films appearing much sooner than on SKY and all the usual sports channels inc BT and SKY.

Found that package works well for us and we have had for about 18 mths I think.

bizzo1962
Profile: Coming out to Alvgorfa to live.
Moving from Leeds yorkshire England.
Looking forward to village life with engagement with local community.
Married status.

Postby bizzo1962 » 26 Apr 2018 13:24

Hi Goody

What is the cost of the internet and TV package ? :banginghead:

MiGustaAlgorfa

Postby MiGustaAlgorfa » 26 Apr 2018 17:49

Hi
Vega Fibra are the local Wi Fi guys with their office just off the square in algorfa. Cost from just over 20 euros. I am with Movistar they are Telefonica who are Spains BT. Cost from just over 30 euros but they are the best for me.
As for TV it depends on your needs. We watch very little TV in summer but do use it in winter
Best option if you just want the likes of ITV or BBC with catch up I use ChromCast (cost £20-30 to buy)
Download the TV Apps onto your phone or lap top etc and Download IPVanish App. Using Chromcast you can then mirror or cast the picture from your phone/lap top with near perfect results and no big dish on the roof.
Needs HDMI connection on TV
For other channels PM me for a great Free option
Regards

Iceman

Postby Iceman » 27 Apr 2018 15:37

Hi, am with Goodyp on this matter have the same system as he has and had for the same time span and no problem at all.

Have been with Movistar and all I can say they were as much use as a chocolate fireguard on La Finca golf.
They can take our life but they will never take our freedom.

El cartero

Postby El cartero » 27 Apr 2018 19:26

Vega fibre are building a solid reputation in a lot of small towns. They do this by joining forces with already established companies who know there customers.
In my mind I live in San Miguel De Salinas, in my wallet I live in Kent

MiGustaAlgorfa

Postby MiGustaAlgorfa » 28 Apr 2018 10:33

Hi
Thanks for the feedback on VegaFibra. Unfortunately where I am they cannot connect via fibre optic due to Garages below us restricting the cable.
I have to use ASDL with Movistar and I have to say it is a little dearer but no problems so far. I may talk to Vegafibra again when my contract is up with Movistar to see what they can offer
Regards

Goodyp

Postby Goodyp » 28 Apr 2018 11:26

We pay 36 euros for the internet which includes landline to anywhere in the EU and I think an hour to mobile numbers per month.

TV is 20 euros per month after one off cost to purchase which covers first year(can't remember how much).

Return to “General Comments”