Gate Numbers when at the airport

It's difficult to compare prices sometimes for flight ticket, baggage allowance, airport taxes, extras for this, extras for that...
Sarah Jane Shadbolt
Profile: Love the mountains in Spain the winter months are fantastic for Walking/climbing - living the dream

Gate Numbers when at the airport

Postby Sarah Jane Shadbolt » 30 Jun 2016 09:40

Whilst at Alicante airport recently awaiting our gate number I happened to ask a lady who was sat close by if she knew which gate our Ryaniar flight to East Midlands was (it hadn't been announced yet). She was on the same flight as it happened and immediately responded with the gate number advising that she always checked online before going to the airport so that she knew where to sit etc. I have had a look and can't seem to find a way of doing this! Has anyone got any information on how this is done?

Ray

Re: Gate Numbers when at the airport

Postby Ray » 30 Jun 2016 11:19

We recently checked our daughters flight from Alicante back to Luton was leaving on time on the easyjet mobile app and found not only the anticipated departure time but also the departure gate, I expect Ryanair have the same thing on their app.

Ray

Jennifer
Site Admin
Profile: I love our little corner of Spain!

Postby Jennifer » 30 Jun 2016 11:51

On the front page of algorfa.co.uk there is flight information, it doesn't tell you the gate number, but I wouldn't trust it anyway. Alicante change gate numbers at the last minute quite a bit.

Here's a link to arrivals/departutes

http://algorfa.co.uk/algorfa/airport-information/

Sarah Jane Shadbolt
Profile: Love the mountains in Spain the winter months are fantastic for Walking/climbing - living the dream

Postby Sarah Jane Shadbolt » 30 Jun 2016 12:02

Thank Ray, I had set an email alert to track the flight last time (as it was during the strikes) and also had my Ryanair App on flight info but don't think the gate number or flight status changed until we actually saw it on the airport monitor screens. This lady was saying that she found it before she got to the airport - I wish I had pursued the conversation at the time. The only other thing is perhaps she needed special assistance so it is in the interests of the airport staff to advise ahead of time! We are normally flying out of EMids but I'm out on my own from Leeds Bradford and dont really know that airport so it would have been nice to have the heads up.

Sarah Jane Shadbolt

Postby Sarah Jane Shadbolt » 30 Jun 2016 12:04

Thanks Jennifer, we usually have live depts/arrivals open day of travel in the case anything changes. As you say its not cast in stone but still can be useful.

mudamiento
Profile: Currently no information has been added...

Postby mudamiento » 07 Jul 2016 16:43

Just have a look on the Aena website, search by flight number, and that tells you the gate number.

El cartero

Postby El cartero » 07 Jul 2016 18:58

Hi
I have a flight checker app for my iPad, it tells you the gate number and details of any delays. Recently in LA we boarded a plane and had an alert telling me the plane was delayed by 6 hours, because the pilot had not made his connection I asked the cabin crew who after checking announced that the plane was delayed but would be taking off in an hour. You can probably guess it was still sitting there for the next 6.
In my mind I live in San Miguel De Salinas, in my wallet I live in Kent

Sarah Jane Shadbolt

Postby Sarah Jane Shadbolt » 19 Jul 2016 09:27

Sorry for late reply.
Thankyou for the infomation I will be sure to try both next time.

Return to “Flight Experiences”