Vega Fibra Fibre Optic Internet

Does anyone know...?
HolaSpain
Profile: Currently no information has been added...

Vega Fibra Fibre Optic Internet

Postby HolaSpain » 28 Mar 2018 14:09

Hola everyone,

New to the forum although been in Algorfa for some time.

I have a few questions regarding Vega Fibre. I live on la Finca, C/Alicante. It would be great to pick your brains.

I want to increase the speed of my internet, current with Ole, only 6mb via radio link, however super reliable.

Does anyone have Vega Fibre in this vicinity? Are the speeds as fast as they say? If not what are they? and is it reliable and stable?

And finally is it really Fibre Optic? I have never seen the road dug up to lay the cables as they do in the UK.

Gracia Amigos!

PaulG

Re: Vega Fibra Fibre Optic Internet

Postby PaulG » 28 Mar 2018 17:11

Hi.I don't do internet but I do know that they dug trenches all over town and up to La Finca a couple of years ago.

HolaSpain

Postby HolaSpain » 29 Mar 2018 08:57

Thanks for the reply.

I'll keep you posted, they are coming to install today ( super quick service) let's see what they do, the guy in the shops says the cable is in place and they feed it to the electrical box in the house and then through the wall to where we want the router. Fingers crossed.

Iceman

Postby Iceman » 29 Mar 2018 10:09

you won't be disappointed with them, the download is nearly 100 MB upload nearly 20 MB super quick and great service I have the TV with them cant fault them.
They can take our life but they will never take our freedom.

brownfeet

Postby brownfeet » 03 Apr 2018 17:28

We had Vega Fibre internet installed last time we were out and it is super fast, only problem is getting in to the shop in Algorfa as they seem to open at leisure. There is another shop in Los Montesinos and the guy in there is very helpful and the shop seems open a lot more if you need help.

HolaSpain

Postby HolaSpain » 04 Apr 2018 09:32

Just a little update on my experience.

Now installed and really fast compared to Ole who cannot supply fibre

Installation guys very helpful and professional when they came although the office did change the date after they were first due to visit - not installers fault

If you are considering fibre and you live on an urbanisation, the fibre will need to be finally connected to a central box. In my case it is a small building that contains all the other communities electrical connections and boxes etc. Had to track down the key from the holder so the installers could do the final install. Would have been good to know this prior to the install.

Thanks for the comments and assistance

Have a good day

Return to “I Have A Question?”