Problems after changover to Gas Natural

Does anyone know...?
jacton

Re: Problems after changover to Gas Natural

Postby jacton » 30 Mar 2017 07:54

Bittersweet I agree with you, this has nothing to do with the Mayor but it was his office that imposed the change over on us and gave us no choice in the matter therefore they should take some responsibility to resolve the problems that are left by that change over.

Yes we had the piped Repsol gas previously.

I do not think, and indeed having spoken to some people from other parts of La Finca who are experiencing similar problems, I know we are not the only community to suffer these problems.

:niceday:

Nick Brisley

Postby Nick Brisley » 30 Mar 2017 10:31

I too used to have piped gas from Repsol and obviously that is not an option now as the mains gas is 'tapped' in to the existing pipework around la Finca and the old Repsol containers have been removed. I have to say that I have not found a difference since it was changed over so that leads me to believe that it is not the gas its self, or the delivery of the gas, which can only leave the jets or the appliance itself.

Will they not come back to check the correct jets have been fitted for natural gas?

Bittersweet

Postby Bittersweet » 30 Mar 2017 11:31

Firstly, I have edited an earlier post.

Jacton it was a bit confusing as in your opening post you stated bottled gas.

I have been told that GasNatural bought out Repsol. They certainly signed a contract to supply Repsol with natural gas. So the changeover was inevitable, nothing to do with the mayor, and is happening in other parts of Spain. It would seem there is a difference in the gas, and it does take longer to heat the water. Your community should have the contact number of Victor, who is overseeing the work on La Finca.

I have friends - not on La Finca - who were previously on bottled gas, and they needed to have various adjustments to the boiler to get the same temperatures.
Bittersweet. Win or Lose

jacton

Postby jacton » 31 Mar 2017 11:26

Yes thanks for all your information, we have at last got our hot water sorted out, now if only we could get our gas fire sorted out, as that now just doesn't give out any heat, so need to get this sorted before next winter.

There is now an issue with the supplier of the gas fire Ambifuego who are now refusing to do anything with the fire as they didn't carry out the work for the conversion to natural gas.

I don't know how we will get this one sorted out.

Again thanks for your help and suggestions

:algorfa:

robertsglen
Profile: The clock is ticking only 3 days till we retire and 1 month till we become permanent in our lovely community of Castillo de Montemar, roll on early retirement

Postby robertsglen » 31 Mar 2017 16:03

Hi, As far as I am aware using both types of gas in the UK, Propane bottled gas gives off a far higher calorific value than natural gas, and requires different burners in the appliances, the natural gas burners have larger holes, this maybe part of the problem.
Home is Castillo de Montemar, roll on retirement only 3 days till we retire and 1 month till we move permanently, Were not counting honest :plane:

jacton

Postby jacton » 01 Apr 2017 10:32

Your correct but the problem mow is that how do I get the gas fire serviced as Ambifuego have thrown a wobbler and refused to service the fire as they didn't do the changeover to the new gas, they say they will not maintain any servicing or repairs as they do not recognise the fitter that was supplied by the conversion company.
I think its a case of dolly out of the pram as they didn't get the contract to do the conversion for La Finca, but where does that leave those of us that have gas fires supplied by Ambifuego?

:algorfaforum:

Mounts58
Profile: Owner on La Finca Golf.

Postby Mounts58 » 03 Apr 2017 01:30

Just arrived 2nd April to my place on la Finca we had repsol however we were told to contact natural gas when we arrived and that our gas would be still available before the new installation however this seems wrong as we have no hot water does any one have a contact name and number for the new gas supplier? And how quickly does the changeover take?

jacton

Postby jacton » 03 Apr 2017 07:53

Here is the telephone number of the manager of the Gas Natural Manager is Victor telephone number is (0034) 671343192.
Hope you can speak a bit of Spanish as his English is very poor.
Good luck

:niceday:

jsgraver
Profile: hoping to retire in Algorfa

Postby jsgraver » 19 Apr 2017 19:29

just got my first gas bill 252euros!!!!!!!
government tax 182 euros one off payment
par for par gas about the same more convenient than bottles but i dont think the new supply is much better
didnt see that one coming must read the contract
:dontshoot:

Goodyp

Postby Goodyp » 22 May 2017 11:56

Are people getting bills now from the natural gas company and what is their official name when appearing on bank statements, we haven't had an invoice for gas since last september ?
Thanks.

Supply is working fine though.

Return to “I Have A Question?”