Please change over your car to make it legal.

Have your say...
Iceman
Profile: Currently no information has been added...

Please change over your car to make it legal.

Postby Iceman » 13 Feb 2018 16:24

During these weeks checking plate numbers from other countries, the police have realized that there are some insurance companies based in Spain which are insuring vehicles, with the MOT expired 5, 8, or even 10 years ago, or even with a SORN (Statutory Off Road Notification), which means that the vehicle must be off the road and can not be used on a public road.

It is as easy as asking the owner to prove that the vehicle is in legal condictions, providing documents certifying it. It is a shame that this is a common practice among a few Spanish insurance companies.

It is not very professional to insure a vehicle without checking if is roadworthy, and even worse to do it when it has a SORN.

If you have an accident with the inspection expired or with a SORN, apart from being fined, when the insurance company reads our Accident Report and check these conditions, they could deny to repair your vehicle or claim you to pay the damage caused to the other vehicle/ injury claims.
They can take our life but they will never take our freedom.

PaulG
Profile: Currently no information has been added...

Re: Please change over your car to make it legal.

Postby PaulG » 13 Feb 2018 18:14

It is widely known that some of our countrymen operate vehicles which are in a less than perfect condition all over Spain.These individuals should be ashamed of themselves and have a thought for the third parties they may come across if not for themselves.If a car looks rough from the outside you can guarantee it's a lot rougher where you can't see.My car is 17 years old and a service at the main dealer costs 200€ annually.
Another thing that people may not know is that the authorities this side of the channel now have access to the DVLA for all details of legality of the vehicle and the driver.That includes speed cameras.

Brendan Staunton
Profile: I've forgotten my log in again..

Re: Please change over your car to make it legal.

Postby Brendan Staunton » 02 Mar 2018 19:41

I totally agree with the previous comments.
I drive by a Police/grua enclosure almost every day in Arneva, each day there are more GB registered cars, great, get ALL the criminals OFF the road.
Had my rant I´m happy :algorfa:

Return to “General Comments”