CF Atletico Algorfa - Season 2017-18

all there is to know about the local team
GeoffB154

CF Atletico Algorfa - Season 2017-18

Postby GeoffB154 » 21 Jul 2017 22:46

My apologies for this long post but there is a lot to tell as there are some big changes afoot for football in Algorfa
Having watched and supported Algorfa CF over the last 10 years or so, and helping to promote the club amongst non-Spanish people on Algorfa’s urbanizacions for the last two years, I was concerned to hear that there were to be major changes and the team/s ‘had been taken over by the Ayuntamiento’ (Ayto.). The basic details apparently were that the new team was to be called CF Atletico Algorfa and they were to pay in black and yellow instead of the blue of previous years.
I therefore made enquiries at the Ayto. and found that the person there responsible for football in the town is now Fabian Rico Rodes so I sent an email asking for details and put several questions to him. He replied promptly and helpfully and the following extract is a Google translation of his response.
“From the Town Hall we offered every year 28,000 euros to the Algorfa Club de Futbol which is a private club. We thought that the price that the children pay to play in the Club was a very high amount, approximately 250 euros which also included equipment, tracksuit, lottery, ... Therefore we demand the Club to lower prices and also that all coaches of the children are regulated and registered in Social Security as stated in Spanish law. Also they had to promote that they play children of Algorfa since the 28,000 euros are from the town of Algorfa.
That was the proposal that we made to the Algorfa Club Soccer from the City Hall, they did not accept it but they did not leave the club available to a new directive.
Therefore, a new Soccer Club has been created called CF ATLETICO ALGORFA. In this club the children of Algorfa will pay 145 euros including play clothes, training clothes and tracksuit. All coaches will be regulated according to the Law and registered in the Social Security and the team of the oldest will be integrated into more than 50% of Algorfa players. The City Council will continue giving 28,000 euros but all sports management and above all economic will be supervised by me.
I would like you to continue to participate and collaborate in the same way as possible. For us it is very important that all the money we give (28,000 euros) helps children to play football and everyone else enjoys seeing them.”
In response to my questions it emerged that season tickets will nor be sold – admission to home games will be free of charge. (Lottery tickets may be sold but buying them will not be compulsory).
Club shirts will be available for supporters to buy and details will be circulated soon.
There is already a Facebook page CF Atletico Algorfa which will have a news blog with match details and these will also be published on the Ayto. Facebook page. (I will continue to ensure that match information is posted or shared on the We Love Algorfa Facebook page and on http://www.algorfaforum.co.uk)
Fabian will act as Club Secretary and work closely with the new Board of Directors and has promised to keep me informed of developments.
All teams of younger age groups will continue to play in their respective leagues.
The league that CF Atletico Algorfa will be playing in is Valenciana Segunda Regional in which there are 15 groups, based roughly geographically to minimise travelling. Full details of which teams are playing in each group will be finalised shortly but there are bound to be quite a few teams in nearby towns in the same group so hopefully we can manage an away following too. I’ll post a full list of teams and the fixture list for the season as soon as possible.
My view is that I have no wish to get involved in the ‘politics’ of what has happened leading up to these changes. However if this is going to be the senior football team representing our town, then it is entirely appropriate to get behind what is now our local side and offer any help and support we can.
I look forward now to a successful season watching the new side and hope many of you do too.

El cartero

Re: CF Atletico Algorfa - Season 2017-18

Postby El cartero » 22 Jul 2017 11:13

I was going to ask about sponsoring a game this season but guess they won't need that anymore.
In my mind I live in San Miguel De Salinas, in my wallet I live in Kent

GeoffB154

Postby GeoffB154 » 22 Jul 2017 14:31

I think they will still be interested in sponsorship and/or advertising revenue to supplement the grant. Write to Fabian and ask. His email is fabianrico@algorfa.es

El cartero

Postby El cartero » 23 Jul 2017 10:19

Thanks Geoff, I sponsor games a CD Montesinos but in my own name and im trying to increase the profile of the site further.
Thanks also for posting the match reports they are very much appreciated.
In my mind I live in San Miguel De Salinas, in my wallet I live in Kent

methomp

Postby methomp » 23 Jul 2017 12:21

Thanks Geoff, great post. I watched my first Algorfa game with my family in Easter when they played against San Miguel. It's difficult to follow what's happening, but your continued posting on the happenings with the football team are excellent and much appreciated. Any information on listings for the forthcoming season would be appreciated too. Thanks again. Mark T.

GeoffB154

Postby GeoffB154 » 24 Jul 2017 13:34

I'll post full fixtures when they come out and notify of any friendlies if I get to know in advance.

GeoffB154

Postby GeoffB154 » 29 Aug 2017 22:49

Two pre season friendly games at home.
Thursday 31st August at 8.30 p.m. Algorfa v Saladar
Sunday 3rd September at 7 p.m. Algorfa v Celtic Elche
Good opportunities to see the new team in action. Admission is free and any home support is welcome.
I'll put the fixture list for the new season in a separate post.

GeoffB154

Postby GeoffB154 » 29 Aug 2017 23:08

The picture attached shows the fixtures for the first half of the season, with the team shown first being at home. The date shown for each is the Sunday of each weekend but the actual day and kick off time will be announced here nearer the time of each game.
Atletico Algorfa has a new Facebook page that is being updated well on a regular basis so if you want to follow their fortunes other than on this page follow this link. Postings in Spanish can be translated by Facebook.
I have been asked to continue posting information and match reports on this site for those who don't like Facebook and I am happy to do so.
Team shirts have gone on sale at 30€ each. For the cheaper T shirt the price is just 3€. Details of where to buy them shortly.
Fixtures 2017-8.jpg
Fixtures 2017-8.jpg (179.21 KiB) Viewed 2762 times

GeoffB154

Postby GeoffB154 » 29 Aug 2017 23:14

Order your C F Atlético Algorfa T-Shirt for the new season......ONLY 3€.
Size available:
Children 3/4 5/6 7/8 9/10 11/12
Adult: S M L XL XXL XXXL XXXXL
Email your full name, phone number and shirt size required to the below.
Atleticoalgorfa@hotmail.com
shirt.jpg
shirt.jpg (37.12 KiB) Viewed 2762 times

Gordon
Profile: Currently no information has been added...

Postby Gordon » 30 Aug 2017 21:50

Hi Geoff,
Is it possible to buy these Tshirts for my Grandsons when I'm out in 3 weeks? do you have a contact that I can mail to please?
Regards, Gordon

Return to “CF Atletico Algorfa”