Tropicana Calle Mayor

Ian Mobley

Tropicana Calle Mayor

Postby Ian Mobley » 18 May 2015 23:13

The Tropicana will soon be under new management.
As from 1st June the Tropicana will be owned and managed by Ian & Jill Mobley and their family.
The Bar/Restaurant will undergo a brief closure for redecoration and then re-open on the 5thJune when all are welcome to the opening party where there's a free glass of 'Bubbly' for everyone and a chance to sample some of the restaurants new 'Gastro' pub style menu. All are welcome. :cheers:

Damatt

Re: Tropicana Calle Mayor

Postby Damatt » 21 May 2015 18:42

Hope it works for you. Always made a point of calling in to see Cliff on our trips to Algorfa, will call in next time I am there.

Dave

Ian Mobley

Postby Ian Mobley » 15 Jun 2015 18:28

Hi everyone, Well........ the Tropicana is up and running :algorfaflag: opening night was busy, busy. All the free food went as you would expect!
Dave has been busy in the kitchen and we have a new following of restaurant customers. Some of the comments so far have been 'That's the best Shepherds Pie I've ever eaten' to 'I'm going to eat my way through the menu this week' great feeback from everyone and clean plates. The only negativity comes from those that don't eat out anyway! Thanks to all the regulars and new customers alike we have made so many new friends!
Cheers everyone :cheers:

Damatt

Postby Damatt » 07 Nov 2015 18:38

Hi all,

I have just returned from a few days in Algorfa and in that time I paid two visits to the Tropicana to try out the food. I can say I was not disappointed, the quality was good and nicely presented. Gone is the pool table and replaced with a nice layout of tables complete with cloths.

Not the pub type food that was previously served up, nor is it the very large portions, but it was plenty for a growing boy.

Sam behind the bar is a pleasant young lady and Dave the chef is a bit of a cheeky chappy with a sense of humor.

Worth a visit and I wish them success.

Dave

Return to “R - V”