Am I being cynical

Have you a good idea, suggestion, comment about this forum...?
El cartero

Am I being cynical

Postby El cartero » 23 Sep 2017 19:07

Hi everyone
Maybe im just being over cautious but on average we get 1 or 2 new registrations a day which after I've checked out the email address to ensure it's genuine, then emailed and waited for a response means that we might get possibly 3 new members a week (ish) and the bit that relates to am I being cynical??

Today we have had 113 new registrations requests.

So if you have applied or know someone who has it might take me a while to get through them please accept my apologies for any delay but in would rather be safe than sorry.
In my mind I live in San Miguel De Salinas, in my wallet I live in Kent

El cartero

Re: Am I being cynical

Postby El cartero » 24 Sep 2017 20:38

well i'm figuring that the extra effort is worth it, it took a couple of hours to check the email addresses (150) used email address checking software which whilst not always 100% gives reasonably accurate information, then pinged an email to those that were identified as genuine and had no warnings against them and end result not one response, however 15 of those did try to re register with a different user name but same email address.

if it keeps the site spam free (well as much a possible) it will be worth it

Grant :supportalgorfaforum:

Nick Brisley

Postby Nick Brisley » 26 Sep 2017 17:27

I am sure that I speak for all of the members in saying thank you very much for your hard work :cheers:

KeithnElaine
Profile: Semi retiring to the sunshine..........soon!!

Postby KeithnElaine » 28 Sep 2017 12:03

Hi Grant, many thanks for approving our request to become part of your forum community.

It's refreshing to know that me working for the Nigerian Oil Ministry, having a frozen bank account and yet with limitless access to unregistered government bonds didn't spook our application!

Hang on, I've just had an idea that may be mutually beneficial........ :idea: :idea:

El cartero

Postby El cartero » 28 Sep 2017 20:56

There is always one that slips past, Keith not bad given that I have vetted and rejected 375 applicants in the last week, most important is is nice to have someone else on board who has won the Nigerian lottery, I also sell degree certificates and passports (oh wait i got rid of that lot ages ago)

Anyway you are very welcome

Grant

BillT

Postby BillT » 29 Oct 2017 09:51

I too appreciate & value the work put into this site!

Return to “About This Forum”