News from La Finca

Do you know of a lovely bar, restaurant, or venue? We'd love to know...
Iceman
Profile: Currently no information has been added...

Re: News from La Finca

Postby Iceman » 02 Jun 2017 09:47

Ok, the chemist is open in La Finca the grapevine is as much use as a chocolate fire guard.
They can take our life but they will never take our freedom.

Bittersweet

Postby Bittersweet » 13 Jun 2017 14:46

The Baby Owl has opened. Serving draught beers. No food served.

Olivos is serving set and a la carte menus now. Set Saturday evening menu was 17.50e to include a drink, not sure if same price in the week.
Bittersweet. Win or Lose

Bittersweet

Postby Bittersweet » 24 Jun 2017 23:42

If you buy tobacco/cigs to take back to UK, do consider visiting Sergio on La Finca. I like to give my business to the local shops but have been frustrated that you never get any 'freebies' in the village tabac. So I go to Benijofar or Quesada, as I get half bottles of vodka with the tobacco, which I give to my friend.

But Sergio is even more obliging. He swapped the vodka for gin, which I drink! I've also been told that in the evenings he might invite you to join him for a drink, as he sits outside the shop. What a nice man!
Bittersweet. Win or Lose

BionicFrank
Profile: Currently no information has been added...

Postby BionicFrank » 10 Jul 2017 22:15

Ate at Olivos this weekend and was really impressed. Great set up, very friendly staff, excellent service and top notch food. Had the set menu and it was, without question, the best meal I've had in Algorfa this year. Going back for a meal there tomorrow night.

Also ate at The Bistro on the weekend. Staff were friendly and the food was nice but ther service was sadly very disorganised, to the extent that it actually spoilt the whole dinning experience.

tin tin
Profile: From good old Oldham. Recently purchased a property at La Finca. Still working but hopefully not for too long. Looks like the best forum site i have so far found

Postby tin tin » 11 Jul 2017 12:23

I too dined at Olivos on Friday and the meal was really good. Best in the commercial centre by far

Dined at the Bistro during the week. Some diners near us likened it to Faulty Towers. That said the food was good. When I asked Nicky if she had a wine list she said yes. Can I have a look please...NO, it's in my head!!!! Not good........

Bittersweet

Postby Bittersweet » 09 Aug 2017 15:26

Oh my word, is La Finca buzzing!!! Olivos and the Baby Owl settling in nicely. Lots of entertainment being put on by the Baby Owl, in addition to the entertainment being offered by La Vista, The Bistro and El Lugar. The amusement arcade is keeping the youngsters occupied.

The Algorfa Hotel across the way has been putting on some sort of entertainment the last few Saturdays, flamenco, pig roast, DJ etc.

'The Music Box' in the village offering karaoke, musical bingo etc.

It's a brilliant, but too hot, summer. :algorfa:
Bittersweet. Win or Lose

Bittersweet

Postby Bittersweet » 28 Aug 2017 10:22

The amusement arcade has now been changed into a sports bar, The Corner Flag. Opened Saturday, and both they and the
Baby Owl stayed open for the fight.

There is going to be a takeaway opened next to Olivos, should be open by 1st September. Pizzas, kebabs etc.

In the village, the family at Alquibla have retired. The premises are being taken over by Jill and Antonio, who had the fruit shop. They will be serving Sunday roasts, but offering tapas and more local style food during the week.
Bittersweet. Win or Lose

Bittersweet

Postby Bittersweet » 27 Sep 2017 20:01

The takeaway has finally opened - Nessie O'neills, its on facebook.

Sergio at the tabac has closed for the winter.

In the village, we are still waiting for the Yorkshire Pud Inn to open.
Bittersweet. Win or Lose

Return to “Bars, Restaurants, Venues...”