Bodegas Faelo

Share with us your great day out!
spelizam

Bodegas Faelo

Postby spelizam » 24 Aug 2017 18:00

We discovered this great little family run bodegas this week - just south of Elche (about 25 minutes drive from Algorfa). It's a biodynamic (organic) vineyard producing 4 different wines. We did the vineyard tour and tasting for €15 - it included the tour, a glass of each wine they make, and a platter of local meats, cheese, bread with olive oil, and pastries each. Alternatively you can just pop in and buy the wine - all were amazing for the price (€8 - €11 a bottle). You can book the tours via the website:

https://www.vinosladama.com

They harvest the grapes by hand and press them the old fashioned way - by foot! I understand that you can volunteer to help - they usually harvest in September - I would have been there like a shot if we were here!

Now I know this is a lovely little forum and I'm happy for you guys to visit this fab little place, but don't go telling all your friends because the bodegas only make 10,000 bottles a year and I want to make sure they have some left when we come out next!

:cheers:

gebrow
Profile: in the process of purchasing in urbanization montemar ( Have now bought it|)

Re: Bodegas Faelo

Postby gebrow » 25 Aug 2017 18:51

I have to agree, we went earlier this year, a very pleasant time and tour, small but really nice, the food with our tour was lovely, and we tried all the wine and by the end new we had had it!!!! Very friendly couple like you highly recommend it, but Shhhhhhhhhh dont tell everyone!

Sheldons
Profile: Currently no information has been added...

Postby Sheldons » 25 Sep 2017 17:05

Definately recommend this lovely little Bodega for a morning/lunch trip. Really relaxed atmosphere, great wines and tapas. Maria, the family friend and guide, we suspect speaks several languages, and was very knowledgeable. Go and enjoy! :niceday:

polop

Postby polop » 25 Sep 2017 22:10

Have you directions from Algorfa do you know if open in October.
Thanks

spelizam

Postby spelizam » 25 Sep 2017 22:51

It's open all year round - Shopping times: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday to Saturday. And 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday to Friday

The guided tours run every day but you have to pre-book by phone or e-mail - the details are on their website (see above).

We used Google Maps to find it - the address we plugged in is as follows:

Camino de los Coves, Ptda. Matola, Pol. 3, nº 18, 03296 Elche (Alicante)

It's the Crevillente Estacion junction off the AP7 - turn right and follow the CV875 towards Elche. There's a left turn after the Repsol petrol station and it's signposted (small signs!) from there.

They had their fiesta to mark the end of the harvest on Saturday - it looked amazing! It's definitely going in my diary for next year. Pictures and videos are on their Facebook page.

polop

Postby polop » 25 Sep 2017 22:56

Thanks over 18 October and will definitely have visit!!

polop

Postby polop » 23 Oct 2017 19:01

Just returned from a wonderful afternoon ,very nice wine and tapas. Well worth a visit.

Will
Profile: Currently no information has been added...

Postby Will » 25 Nov 2017 07:38

Agreed great tapas great wine well worth a trip

Return to “A Great Day Out”