Wheels in Spain (Local Company)

41NewportRd
Profile: Currently no information has been added...

Re: Wheels in Spain (Local Company)

Postby 41NewportRd » 04 Aug 2016 14:35

Just used Wheels in Spain for the first time. As other people have said, all very straightforward, no hidden extras, no queing at a hire desk, nice friendly people etc.

The only comment I would make (this may not affect everyone), part of the novelty for me of coming away on holiday is to be able to drive around in a nice new (ish) car. The car we had was probably six years old, 112,000 kilometers on the clock.

Don't get me wrong, it was clean, tidy, reliableand served its purpose, but it was a lot older than my car at home!

Just a thought...........

paulso

Postby paulso » 05 Aug 2016 08:56

In my experience I have found many new cars belonging to other hire companies that look as if they have been around for 10 years with the number of scrapes and dents on them I would rather have a car that I know is in a looked after condition and know that I will not get ripped of for all the insurance extra that other companies want so it is wheels in spain every time for me

Will

Postby Will » 13 Aug 2016 11:43

41NewportRd wrote:Just used Wheels in Spain for the first time. As other people have said, all very straightforward, no hidden extras, no queing at a hire desk, nice friendly people etc.

The only comment I would make (this may not affect everyone), part of the novelty for me of coming away on holiday is to be able to drive around in a nice new (ish) car. The car we had was probably six years old, 112,000 kilometers on the clock.

Don't get me wrong, it was clean, tidy, reliableand served its purpose, but it was a lot older than my car at home!

Just a thought...........

You can hire a new car, however in silly season you may not find many available. Also it will cost you up to 3 times the price of Wheel in Spain. I can assure you it is a lot more hassle ( having done it many times) Thank goodness for Wheels in Spain!!!

paulso

Postby paulso » 13 Aug 2016 16:40

Just something else to bear in mind when you hire a car from the other hire companies they are normally plasted with their advertising signs ( makes you look like a tourist and prone to possibly being followed and mugged / robbed but wheels in spain you look as if you are a local much safer

Sarah Jane Shadbolt
Profile: Love the mountains in Spain the winter months are fantastic for Walking/climbing - living the dream

Postby Sarah Jane Shadbolt » 19 Aug 2016 15:07

Used Wheels in Spain many times over the past 2 years and find the service excellent, no queuing, no reams of paperwork, quick easy transition. Actually love the fact the cars are not brand new and look a bit used without any reference to being a hire car. Feel much safer and more like a local driving around.

Yasmel
Profile: Just bought on La Finca with husband as a holiday home

Postby Yasmel » 12 Nov 2016 21:09

Just used wheels in Spain for the first time after reading about them on this forum really pleased we did no queuing or dark car park straight out to the sunshine to be met with a friendly face booked again for December :clapping:

BionicFrank

Postby BionicFrank » 28 Jun 2017 00:50

Tried to book them 4 seperate times now over 3 years but no joy. This was the last time I'll even try. Presumably they've only got 2 cars...

MJT

Postby MJT » 28 Jun 2017 08:57

How much notice are giving them, is never experienced a problem, best though to give them plenty of notice, especially in peak periods they are very popular

El cartero

Postby El cartero » 30 Jun 2017 23:26

They have an office at the supermarket just up the road from the la zenia roundabout always seems busy, I know the are not a large company but service is good normally.
In my mind I live in San Miguel De Salinas, in my wallet I live in Kent

BionicFrank

Postby BionicFrank » 10 Jul 2017 22:19

MJT wrote:How much notice are giving them, is never experienced a problem, best though to give them plenty of notice, especially in peak periods they are very popular

At least 3-4 weeks prior to departure each time. Sadly, it's been every time I've tried. This was the last time for me, so I won't bother again. Had my fingers badly burnt by Goldcar 3 years ago so always looking for reliable car rentals. In fairness, I've always had a good experience with Europcar

Return to “Car Hire Experiences”